This is the third of what I hope will become a regular series of posts calling attention to awesome things I have encountered on the Internet. My purpose is to practice gratitude by making a record of the good stuff that I see around me and perhaps bring something fun and new to my readers.
- Are you impatiently waiting for warmer weather and blossoming flowers? I eased my need for sunshine by changing my laptop’s wallpaper to this lovely thing, which you can get for free from The Jungalow blog.
- I’m slowly working (late summer self-imposed deadline) on a etsy shop and blog redesign and have really been learning a lot from By Regina. She’s got all kinds of resources on thinking through, discovering, and enacting a consistent style through colors, fonts, and more.
- I’m pretty sure I found By Regina through Abby Glassenberg’s newsletter. It’s a seriously good newsletter! Try it out…you can always unsubscribe later.
- Speaking of newsletters, I just decluttered by inbox by signing up for UNROLL.ME. It’s great, you give it access to you email, it detects all the newletters you are getting and then for each one, you can either leave it as it is (something that will arrive in your inbox as a unique message), unsubscribe with a single click, or “roll” it, which means that it will be put into your personal daily digest. I should have done this a long time ago.
- Have you heard of “Amazon Smile”? It’s the same thing as Amazon, but if you make your purchases on that site, you can designate a charity and Amazon will donate 0.5% of your total purchase to that charity. This is at no additional cost to you! I’ve designated the local food pantry as my beneficiary. It was easy and now all I have to do is remember to start from smile.Amazon.com when I shop.
- Finally, here are a couple of fun feeds on Instagram to lighten your mood when you see them: